By the end of this course participants should have gained knowledge to assist in:
• Implement and safely and effectively apply IMRT, IGRT, SBRT and ART in their own clinic
• Tailor IMRT, IGRT, SBRT and ART to their specific clinical situations..
• Panel and participants discussion: IMRT and IGRT, the case for and against
• Dose volume constraints
• Methods of optimisation
• Dosimetry of IMRT
• Imaging and target delineation
• Geometrical uncertainties
• Planar and volumetric imaging
• Image registration
• Setup correction strategies
• Clinical sessions on thorax, pelvic and head and neck cancer covering the interaction of physics and clinic
• Workflow in the clinic including “how they do that” tips.
• Contouring sessions
The course is aimed at the whole team involved in clinical application of advanced technology. Participants are strongly encouraged to come as a team i.e. radiation oncologist, physicist and radiation therapists (RTTs). Some experience in advanced technologies is preferred yet no specific entry-course or expertise is requested.
• 26 hours of lectures
• 4 hours of demonstrations.
Methods of assessment
IMRT/VMAT, Image guidance (IGRT), adaptive radiotherapy (ART), SBRT.